RLG has amazing employees in its ranks: from industry influencers, travelers, marathon runners, animal lovers, and community leaders. The Employee Spotlight highlights the talented individuals who work here. Each week, we’ll be featuring an interview here on the blog and on our social accounts.
For this week’s Employee Spotlight, we spoke with Gustavo Zaragoza. Here at RLG, Gustavo is a Engineer on the Structural Team.
I grew up in Fort Worth but moved to Dallas to enjoy the city life. I attended The University of Texas at Arlington where I earned my B.S. in Civil Engineering and Master of Engineering in Structures. School is also where I met my closest friends. In my off time I really enjoy playing basketball, beach volleyball and traveling.
How long have you been at RLG?
- In September 2021 it will be three years.
How did you hear about RLG? Why did you want to work here?
- I originally heard about RLG at the engineering career fair. The variety of projects the company works on is the reason I wanted to work here.
What is the most challenging project you've worked on during your time here so far?
- 2020 Block Nueces Apartments located in Austin, TX was my most challenging, due to it being my very first high rise building.
What’s the most important thing you’ve learned at RLG?
- I have learned to ask questions no matter what it may be because there will always be something new to learn no matter the experience level.
What’s your favorite thing about working in your Department here?
- I enjoy how everyone is super nice, friendly and willing to take some time to help me out when I need it.
What's the first thing that you do when you start working every day?
- I have to put my headphones and play some music before I start my day.
What’s your workspace like? Minimalist? Homey? Neat?
- I always have to keep my desk as neat as possible so I can easily find my calculations when I need them.
Do you have a go-to sound or song that you listen to when you need to just start working?
- Don’t really have a specific song but I like listening to alternative rock.
If RLG announced a last-minute day off for tomorrow, what would you do with your suddenly free day?
- I would go hang out with friends and play some beach volleyball.
What would you do if you weren’t working at RLG?
- I would travel around the world and explore.
About RLG Consulting Engineers
Founded in 1953 by Raymond L. Goodson, Jr., RLG Consulting Engineers specializes in civil, structural, surveying and forensic engineering. For more than 65 years, RLG has been recognized as one of the top engineering firms in Texas for their ability to attract and retain a talented, experienced team. Known for thorough and meticulous work, RLG has designed major projects in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and throughout the country. The staff of more than 80 employees, includes professional engineers holding licenses in 47 states, graduate engineers and registered professional land surveyors.